I love having a variety of pieces in my closet! It’s so important to have plenty of basics and items that are easy to mix and match for those casual days. However, I also have quite a few statement items, like this denim ruffle romper. I’ve linked a similar denim ruffle piece, that is actually a dress, but the styling ideas still apply in the same way!
Denim is an especially fun statement item to style, because whether you have blue, black or white denim, the colors are relatively neutral tones that will look good with many accessories. When styling a statement piece, while I definitely still like to accessorize, I prefer to keep the items on the simpler side to let the statement piece shine! Here are my top 5 essentials to styling statement denim:
- Hair gel: This is definitely an important step for my statement denim look. I use a gel to slick back my hair on the hot summer days, when I want to keep my frizz down and my hair in a sleek style like this low, side-parted bun.
- Red Lip: Everyone needs a red lipstick in their makeup drawer! A pop of red is my fave especially when pairing it with denim.
- Mini Bag: I love having a small neutral bag to accessorize statement denim! It adds to the chic-ness of the look, while still keeping it wearable for daytime!
- Gold Earrings: Big dangle-earrings are having a moment right now. These boho ones are super cute and make any outfit look stylish, without taking away from the focus of a statement piece like my denim romper!
- Denim Dress: Denim on denim is a popular look right now. I wanted to take the trend a step further by investing in an all-denim piece I could style different ways throughout summer!